26 February 2024

EIGHT

 

Presidents Day rocket launch. Theo finally finished building his egg rocket with Matt last weekend and while I was at work, Matt took the kids to the park to launch it. 


2024 week eight

Matt and I went to see The Husbands in concert on Sunday night. 

Theo wanted a photo holding Funyun to try to convince his teacher to get a snake as a class pet. 


BBQ birthday dinner with the Oklahoma cousins. Uncle Melvin assured us we'd have a religious experience. As far as smoked meat and nirvana overlap I'd say he was correct. 

The altar.



Having a cup of tea with one of my favorite little buddies. I love getting to visit my former coworker from time to time. Ashley, I love our periodic morning chats in your lovely living room with your lovely babies. 


This had better be the main photo of me at my funeral. I would also prefer to be crowned "Queen of Bagels" before I pass. 

We went to see a local production of Matilda the Musical starring one of V's school friends. It was shockingly good. I knew these kids were talented but we were floored. So proud of all our Founders' girls who were in the musical! 

V and T got to go see Peter and the Wolf this weekend. 

After the performance they got to touch and learn about different instruments. 

V graduated from Cub Scouts on Saturday at Blue and Gold. We're really proud of her sticking with it and learning all the cool things that the scouts had to offer. 

First day of Cub Scouts


I got some daffodils this weekend and they've been brightening up my house. Early spring in Texas is one of the most beautiful times. 

Prepping breakfasts: yogurt, or cottage cheese, with a sprinkle of ground flax, hemp seed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and some beautiful blood oranges, and a hard boiled egg a piece for the kids. I'm sure they should be making their own breakfast, but I don't mind my evening ritual of prepping our bowls while I wait for the kettle to whistle for my chamomile tea. 




Quotes:

V -"When I am married, can I bite my husband's neck as hard as I want? I just really want to bite someone as hard as I can." 













No comments :

Post a Comment