03 March 2024

NINE


V has been reading Little Women at school and has spent all weekend living her best Jo March life. 


2024 week nine

The cats were so naughty Saturday night and Sunday morning. Pickles got the devil in his heart while we were making breakfast and he tore up a huge swath of our wall map. I bought this map from the National Geographic catalog (imagine that) when I was 15. It lived a good 20 year life on my walls and now it is dead.

In cheerier news, my fruit trees are lovely with their blossom corsages all fresh and ready for spring. 


Here they are, not being naughty.

Theo at archery. 

Matt's mom and sister competed in a local spelling bee and won! Matt made the logo for their team t-shirts. 


Quotes:

V on Little Women- "I mean, I'm glad Beth didn't die, but I do think that would have made more sense to the story. It just doesn't feel right somehow that she didn't die."
Me- "Have you finished the book yet?"
V- "No."
Me- "Hmmmmm."

Playing the board game Ticket to Ride at Sunday Breakfast 
V- "There is a city called Brest?!"
T without missing a beat -"That's where all the boobie traps are."

Me- "Did you forget about my birthday?"
T- "I don't really care about your birthday. You don't even remember how old you are!"

T to his piano teacher about the song Peter Peter where Matt ALWAYS tickles whoever is playing the song "I can't play this song! You don't understand. This song is part of our family culture!" 

No comments :

Post a Comment