26 December 2023

FIFTY-ONE

 

Silly boy selfie.

2023 week fifty-one

Merry Christmas!


The boy and his block tower.

Some cousins met us at the school soccer field to get some early Winter Break wiggles out. 

Christmas tea. V was so excited by the idea of making our own tea that she spent the rest of the morning writing recipes for teas she can make with herbs around our yard. She called it "Apothecarizing" 

Some very dark multi grain multi seed bread. 

V got to spend a lovely morning with some friends and a rogue cat apparently. 

We got to visit a really fun local Santa at the Lewisville Visitor Information Center. I love our little town.

Matt and I celebrated our 13th anniversary this week. We went to a Christkindl market with our friends and then to a very impressive Vietnamese Mexican fusion restaurant. 

Our friends were good sports to help us eat as many different dishes as we could as we wanted to try everything! 

Cris and John was such a fun and amazing restaurant. If you're ever in the Addison area you should definitely try it! Get the Elotes and the Phorrito! 

We were so happy to have these two lovely ladies to ourselves for a whole evening. We really miss the Cruz family and it was so good to get our cups full of them. 

4th Annual 12 Days of Christmas Dinner. 

As usual we feasted heavily on 12 delightful courses while singing between each one. It might be my favorite holiday tradition. 

Although the cousins nativity afterward is pretty delightful as well. 



Christmas Eve Chinese feast. 

Christmas morning. Grandma and Grandpa came over to open presents with us and then 9 more family members joined us for waffles, bacon, bran muffins and Christmas cheer. 

Merry Christmas! 


Quotes:

T- "I couldn't sleep. I just tossed and turned all night."
Me -"Is it because you just wanted to get up and tell us how much you love us?"
T- "No."
Me-"Well, why don't you try it?"
T- "Nice try, Mama."

Theo will sometimes practice defiant obedience. It is where he is being obedient but in an annoying way. Like he knows he's supposed to say "Yes, Mama" when I ask him to do something but instead he will say:
"Yes, Stompa"
"Yes, Mopit."
"Yes, Mop-the-floor."
"Yes, Stomidakakitah."
"Yes, Stomp-on-a-caca."

Or sometimes when I ask him to do something he'll just yell "WIPE OUT?" instead of "why." It is much less charming than you might think.

And sometimes instead of just saying "Yes," he'll yell "EAVES DROP!" I don't know why. Can anyone help make this stop?

V- "What if I was foaming at the mouth with rabies?"
Matt- "We would be sad because you would die."
T- "I'd be sad because I'd have to do all your chores after you died...but...then I would get all your allowance money too..."

The kids and I are listening to All Creatures Great and Small, Veronica LOVES it. This is Theo's review:
"It's just all horses, and shouting, and bad words."

V-"Oooooh. Are you apothecarizing? Can I apothecarize? Can I get all the herbs I want and apothecarize my own tea?"



No comments :

Post a Comment