17 December 2023

FIFTY

 



We finished decorating our tree. It was all homemade ornaments because of crazy Pickles. We strung popcorn and crandberries, dried oranges, and painted pinecones gold. 

2023 week fifty 

We accidentally bought maple flavored bacon (I dislike maple flavoring, I feel like it is so permeating and everything smells of maple. Even our cats smelled of maple!) and I was frying some up for our salad. Matt came into the kitchen and said with delight, "Did you make pancakes and bacon for dinner?!" He was so disappointed that it was salad. Then Theo came in from outside and said, "Waffles for dinner?!" Again, disappointment in the extreme...

Theo loves spooky things but he is so afraid of getting close to animatronics. The spooky Jack Frost at Home Depot kept him very entertained this week. 

A story in two photos. 1. 

2.

Some fan mail for me this week. 

Theo dressed up so sweet for his class Pioneer Christmas party. 


V went to her first "dance" at school on Friday night after school. 

She came home buzzing with fun. 


On Saturday morning we went to Lewisville Lake to their historic cabin for Christmas at the Cabin. 

There were so many crafts available and brewed spiced hot cider by the fire. It wasn't too crowded and everyone had a great time. 

V wanted to dress up and everyone thought she was a volunteer and kept asking her questions. When we left she said, "I felt SO respected." 

My coworker bought me a beautiful rolling pin. I made some lemon rosemary shortbread cookies. 



Quotes

Me- "Try this delicious cheese. It is wrapped in spruce bark."
V- "I don't think it's cheese if it grows in trees."

Theo- "I only like live versions of movies without any muppets." 













No comments :

Post a Comment