18 March 2018

ELEVEN

Sunday afternoon working in the garden with my goblins.
2018 week eleven

On Tuesday, my kids decided they had had enough of early spring or late winter or whatever this is and they decided to play "Mexico." They got out their swimsuits and sat in the sand box and pretended to be at the beach.

This style. Socks with sandals, mis matched hood to jacket... I'm not sure about this. 

Waiting for dinner at Marty B's involves pretending to rope and ride a bull.


Veronica learned how to tie her shoes last week. In one day! I was so impressed. Maybe this is normal but I remember it taking my brother months to be successfully consistent. She figured it out after I showed her twice. Clever little thing. The novelty wore off after three days and now she is trying to figure out how to tie her shoes in such a way so that she can slip them on and off and never have to tie them again. 


I didnt realize what she was wearing when I was rushing us out the door for a last minute walk. For her part, she was thrilled. The push pops helped. Most of Theo's melted straight into his sandals. The next day he peed in those sandals, so I guess they're all set for summer. 

At a new park. 

Our neighbors found a couple of abandoned bikes and brought them home for us! One is perfect for V, and one is big enough for everyone to grow into! It was such a sweet surprise. V really wanted a bike for her birthday and I was annoyed with how much Target wants to charge for one. Free is clearly better. Plus now I don't feel bad about leaving it outside and letting them beat the bikes up. Learning how to ride the bike though is proving to be a challenge: the biggest challenge of her four year old life. 


Friday night V and Theo got to have a Grandma sleepover. First stop was dinner with Great Grandma. 


The day before I was crying in the grocery store because of how put out and stretched thin I have been lately. The break was much needed and so refreshing. It's shocking how beautiful your kids are when you are taking a break from them. 

So much ice cream with Grandma. 

The best lunch date ever for them. Chicken, ice cream, and play place. 

Saturday morning Matt and I cleared our backyard and sweated in the sun for hours. We wrapped up the night with the annual corned beef and cabbage dinner with some good friends who brought tasty treats, and watching the original Jesus Christ Superstar (getting ready for Easter, amiright?). But the absolute best part of St. Patricks day is the next morning with corned beef hash and black coffee. It's my favorite breakfast of the entire year. I brought out the pickled beets this year as accompaniment. Good decision.

Quotes:

Theodore

If you end a question with "huh?" Theo will answer back, "Huh."
Me: "That wasn't the best idea, huh?"
Theo: "Huh."

"Jack be normal, Jack be quick, Jack jump over the CANDLESTICK!"

"Humpty Dumpty had a great wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the king's horses, all the kings men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back on the wall."

Veronica

"at middly" = "immediately"

"Wow! Isn't it so wonderful that there is a spider in our house?!"

"My shoes are red like blood -or lipstick!"

No comments :

Post a Comment