18 February 2018

SEVEN



Watching the tree trimmers cut down our huge tree.
 2018 week seven

Mardi Gras. Theo found the baby in the King Cake. 

He was nice enough to let Vera have his crown. 

Valentine's Day morning surprises from Papa: flowers, chocolates, and silly notes. 

My Valentine's day present: a new fancy coffee press. Look how little grit was in the bottom of the pot! Beautiful.


Superhero day at Preschool.

Vera on the swing with some cousins. 

Mother with sleeping child. Look at his beautiful rosy cheeks.

Sunday morning breakfast with wiggly sticky little cousins: almond croissants, toast with hagelslag, jam, or cheese and ham, bacon, fruit, and juice.


Quotes:

Veronica:

We will bring them chocolate because we love them.

V: When I'm a mama I'll let my kids do whatever they want without having to ask.
Me: Wow. You'll have very responsible kids; how will you teach them to be so responsible?
V: Please stop talking about this. I'll figure it out when I'm a mama. I can't figure this out when I'm only four.

V: I'm just full of laughter and funness!
Me: Well you're going to have to chill it out.

Playing "Oh My Darling Clementine" with Theodore: I'm going to drive my ducks to the water and fall in now. 

When Luna comes and sits at the table with us Veronica always laughs and says, "Luna is saying, 'Excuse me, where is my breakfast?!'"

Sometimes I call Luna "Catnip" and the kids have recently started calling her "Cute Nips."



No comments :

Post a Comment