24 December 2017

FIFTY-ONE


Drizzly Monday night carriage ride in Dallas to look at the fabulous Christmas lights. There were 17 of us in that wagon. Poor Max (the horse) had his work cut out for him. V and Theo loved the lights and being there with so many cousins and aunties and uncles. It was so fun.

2017 week fifty-one

Veronica brought home the absolute cutest little Christmas ornament. I am in love! 

Veronica's preschool Christmas program was so tender and darling. Unfortunately I had to run out in the middle to throw up outside and kick off two days of food poisoning. :(

Theo took really good care of me when I wasn't feeling well. 


Luna did too. 



Thursday night was our 7th anniversary. We went to a fun little deli called EatZi's and then to Half Priced Books to pick out our calendar for next year. I'm so glad to be married to someone who is so easy to like. Seven years ago I thought I liked him a lot. I was wrong, and I see that now. Compared with now, I feel like I hardly even knew him. Hopefully in seven years I'll feel that way again. 



For our wool and copper anniversary I bought Matthew a monogrammed wool scarf. He added to my collection of interesting candles,

And he made me a copper ring out of a penny! What a fun evening. 

To round out the week, V got sick again on Christmas Eve. She felt a bit betrayed and that she was being robbed of her Christmas. After a night snuggling her with a 102 temp, her fever finally broke during a morning of snuggles and Puffin Rock. 

Grapefruit marmalade. It is very tasty but marmalade is a much more involved process than I realized upon initiation. It was worth it this time, but I'm not sure there will be a next time. 
Merry Christmas!

Quotes:
Theodore calls Matt's brother "Aunt Jacob." :)

Veronica: "CHRISTMAS IS THE FUNNEST PART OF THE YEAR! DANG IT! WHY AM I SICK?! (This was really said at top volume and accompanied by many stampings of foot.)

Theodore laughing, "Look Roaca! Muffins in the water! *hahahaha* Muffins in the water! Look! ROACA! *HAHAHAHA*" Puffin Rock has been a big hit around here this week with everyone taking turns feeling ill. Theo keeps calling his possums "Muffins" now and talks nonstop about the "Muffin Show." It's very funny. But Veronica keeps reminding me not to encourage it so he can learn the real word. :)



No comments :

Post a Comment