30 December 2017

FIFTY-TWO

We had a full table of my grandmother's china for Christmas Eve dinner. It was a pleasure to set each setting and clean each plate and bowl at the end. 

Matt's dad and brother contributed homemade sushi for the feast. 

It was "Texas-style" apparently. 

We made crying tiger beef, pork potstickers, coconut shrimp, snow peas, edamame, and various sauces and fixings. Every bite of every dish was fantastic. What a delightful Christmas Eve dinner with family and friends. (The kids got pizza.) 

Christmas morning Santa Claus came to Grandma's house and filled our stockings. 

Despite V being sick, it was a lovely slow morning. 

We got to facetime with the current family missionary in Philadelphia as well. 


Our stocking spoils. I guess the word got out that we like bath bombs or something. 


A quick hot chocolate date with this little bug.
Quotes:

Veronica- "This was just a no good terrible Christmas because I threw up. But anyway there were presents."

Veronica- "Will there be days and time and Wednesdays when the earth is dead?" I did not know how to answer this one.

Theodore- "Papa raisin. Ow. Ow. Cut me. No touch Papa's raisin." razor. Haha.

Theodore- "I ask Papa. Papa get my balloon." We had a tragedy moment when Theo's balloon flew out of the car and away. Several onlookers passed us their condolences behind thinly-veiled smiles. Theodore's faith in his Papa's ability to get it back just crushed my heart. 

Me- "Theodore you need to calm down."
Theo- "MANAMANA!"
Matt- *laughing*




No comments :

Post a Comment