15 October 2017

FORTY-ONE

Vera and Theo were sharing this broom pretending to be witches. Later I heard Vera say, "Where is Dani?! What have you done with Dani? Theo come ON we're playing Hocus Pocus!" All the heart eyes. 

One morning Vera and I stitched a little purse together. She looked up at me and smiled and said, "I like doing an activity with you with no Theo around. Just you and me." She did all the stitches herself except the "V". 

Thursday morning I pulled the kids in the bike trailer to drop Vera off at Preschool. She was so excited. Then Theo and I went to a park on the way home and he talked about it for the next three days. 

Vera played happily outside the guest room door for an hour or so while I finished cleaning up after painting the guest room. 

Pumpkin bread season! 

Sunday morning Vera was too excited for Theo's birthday. She couldn't eat, or do anything else until she could give him his presents. She loved every minute of him opening them (except she couldn't really handle how slowly he was unwrapping everything) and then was hit with the hard feeling of letting someone else have all the glory and fun of a birthday. It's really hard when you don't get any presents. Poor little bug. 

Vera picked out a Lightning McQueen car and Theo was THRILLED. He also got a family photo book, a quilt from me, and some new clothes from Oma. His only other request was to go to a park.

Meanwhile, when it gets down to 60 degrees in Texas... 





The park gave Theo a bloody nose for his birthday. :( 

The cousins came over for cake and ice cream and romping in the cool autumn wind. They brought Theo a huge dump truck and spent almost the whole time digging up dirt to fill up the truck bed. It was heaven for the birthday boy. 


Theo woke up yelling, "Pumpkin CAKE!" Happy 2nd Birthday my dear wild little rabbit. 

Quotes:

"I can't even eat breakfast. I'm just too stressed." Vera was too excited for Theo's birthday. 

Me: "AHG! Dang it!"
Matthew: "What?"
Me: "Theodore stuck a finger into every ripe pear."
Laughter from the living room.

Matthew lamenting all the broken pieces off of his Lego truck. "This really is not a children's toy."
Me: laughter  "Right."

Matthew: "Oh you're my little precious."
Vera: "No. I'm not your precious!"
Matthew: "Ok, you're my little commonplace."
Vera: "NO!"
Matthew: "Well you have to be one or the other. Are you my precious or commonplace?"
Vera: "Let go of me and I'll tell you."
Matthew: "Ok."
Vera: "I'm a BEAGLE!"

On Thursday this week Matthew and I went to see a Shakespeare in the Park production of "Titus Andronicus." It was fantastic. I could hardly believe how much I loved it. We've been talking about it since. We want to go to every single production they do now.




October 15, 2015

Octover 15, 2016



October 15, 2017






No comments :

Post a Comment