23 October 2017

FORTY-TWO




Old photo of baby Matthew and his older sisters. I can see Vera and Theo so clearly in his face. 

2017 week forty-two 

Theo's crazy hair is growing back in. It comes pre-rumpled and ready to run your hands through. 

Vera decided that this pacifier was horrible after 20 minutes of begging to play with it. 

Vera was so happy that it was her turn to bring home the class pet "Lucky" from preschool this past weekend. 

Oma and Grandpa John came for a visit and we all went to the State Fair of Texas. 

Vera got a caricature done.

She wasn't really sure how she felt about it. I think he did her hair and her little spiky eyebrows perfectly. 

Matthew got attacked by the Ostrich.


Theo's favorite part of the fair.
Vera and Oma

Waiting in line for the Ferris wheel.


But being on the Ferris Wheel is never very fun for me. I always think I can beat my fear but I haven't been able to yet.

View from the top.

Lucky got to go to ballet class with V! 



Swinging with Oma 

Morning hammock time with Mama. 

We went up to Denton one day to walk around and see the sights. 

Handsome boy on the court house steps. 

We got some of the best ice cream I've ever tasted at Beth Marie's. The green tea ice cream was fantastic. 


On the last day we all got some Barbecue at the old Sonny Bryans restaurant in Dallas. It has been standing for over 100 years. 

They still know what they're doing. Delicious. 


Quotes:

Vera - "This earth is our planet for our whole lives!"
Me - "Yeah you cant really go live on other planets. We have to stay here and take care of it. But you can go visit other planets if you are an astronaut."
Vera -" Or if you go on vacation. Like when we go to Mexico!"

"Tomorrow at preschool I'm going to be smoochy. Theo, do you want a big wet smooch?"

Singing while stroking my hair, "The ocean waves will tickle your cheeks. The ocean waves are fine. They're in Mexico. The ocean waves will carry you to sleep and your hair is soaking wet. Theo will come snuggle you when you're asleep. The ocean waves will come and brush your hair. We are so process. Your hair will be so shiny from the chicken we all ate. The chicken to make you healthy. These are the things we do."

Theo - "A cup Mama?" (Wake up)
Vera - "No she needs to sleep so she can be a nice mama. Let me put some dream oil on you."

"Sometime I'll just be standing on that chair and I'll be singing through my heart and into your heart!"

I popped an old balloon to throw it away and I sucked in some helium to show the kids my silly voice, "Is that REAL MAGIC, Mama?"

No comments :

Post a Comment