10 September 2017

THIRTY-SIX

Vera started Preschool on Tuesday. She was so brave and excited and so happy. 

2017 week thirty-six

I bit back tears dropping her off. She just looked so small. The next day when she didn't go to school she was really disappointed. And on Thursday when she came home, the first thing she said was, "Mama, I smiled all day." 

Self portrait. A girl and her giraffe. 

I didn't take many photos this week because I spent every waking moment chattering away in contended bliss with one of the dearest and best friends I have ever had. I cried when she left. She could have stayed another week and I wouldn't have run out of things to say to her. And I still probably would have cried when she left. Come back soon my lovely Lauren. 


Farewell dinner of grilled pork chops, zucchini, and homemade garlic potato chips, with fresh bottled wild Texas grape juice. Lauren and I made a dozen jars of grape jelly and a handful of bottles of grape juice. 

Those. Feet. Matthew fixed the garage door opener and a pile of powdered grease fell onto the garage floor. Kids always know of the precise place to step. 

And that hair. Pizza pool party with the cousins. The pool was too cold to swim. So it was mostly a pizza party near the pool. 

It was a canning heavy week this week. Homemade canned salsa. 

Sunday morning Vera woke up in a decidedly October-y mood. First she cried when we told her it wasn't close to Christmas, then she was consoled by the prospect of wearing her bone pajamas and bone socks. She felt even better after snuggling up on the couch with Matthew and watching an old episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? 

On National Grandparents Day we visited Great Grandma Hatch. Vera read a book to Grandma before we joined the festivities. 

The Cole Family did balloons and face painting and spin art. And my kids took full advantage of all three. 

Quotes:

After a walk (wherein it was cool enough to wear a sweater) Vera stripped off her sweater and exultantly sighed, "Ah, my arms are LIBERTY!"

"There is a girl in my class and her name is Addison. I'm going to pretend my name is Baddison."

My children look beautiful.

My children look crazed.

No comments :

Post a Comment