03 September 2017

THIRTY-FIVE

One night on our way home we saw a little lemonade stand. We stopped to buy some and the kids were so excited. 

2017 week thirty-five

I love to find Vera's little drawings around the house. I love to see how her details are improving. This is a drawing of Elsa. 

Cute Theodore at dinner. 

Cute Theodore in the garden. 

Snack in the box. 

Why I have to sweep 3x a day. This fell out of Vera's pants and then she promptly stepped in it and spread it around. 

Every morning this week we've woken up to evidence of fairy frolics and feasts popping up all over our grass. Theo harvested a cup full of mushrooms and set up his little fairy table and chairs and fed them some breakfast. 

Saturday night my dear sweet Lauren came to visit, and she brought her beautiful boy. 

Sunday morning breakfast on the back porch. Croissants, pear cake, bacon, fresh fruit and juice, and delicious comte cheese. 

Quotes:

Vera needed to use the toilet. When she came out I asked her if she had washed her hands. She had not. I picked her up and rested her (naked) bun on my thigh and washed her hands at the sink. Suddenly I could smell it. Everywhere. She had not thoroughly wiped and now I had it all over my dress.
Me - "AH, you got poop! POOP on me!"
Vera -"Whoops. Sorry."
Me - "That is hardly enough of an apology. 'Whoops'."

Vera- "Is Papa coming home?"
Me -"Yep, he left work and now he's on his way home."
Vera -"On his way to death. On his way to death. On his way to death, death, death."

Vera -"Mama, your hair looks... pretty. I was going to say something rude but then I stopped myself and said something kind!"
Me -"But if you don't think that's true then you're just telling me a lie. Just don't say anything if you think you want to say something rude."

"Mama, I know why you're feeling grumpy. It's probably because you're on fire."

"I'm going to name Giraffe 'Smithereens Egads.' I think that's a good and cute name."

"This kind of butterfly is called an annoyid and you have to be really gentle and quiet because they're a little bit shy of people."

"These are my plants but I have to trim the flowers off because snakes slither past them and touch them with their tongues and that makes them poison but then I pick the flowers off and trim them and fry them in butter then I can eat them and plant the seeds for Christmas trees." An example of the nonsense narratives Veronica is delivering all day.

"Egg-corns" - acorns
"Pine corns" -pine cones

Theodore says, "Ow Car" = Lightning McQueen "Go" = Moana "Deet dee" = Frida "Wee-oh" = Frog "Guys" = Legos "Cup" = Wake up "Hoofs" = shoes


No comments :

Post a Comment