17 September 2017

THIRTY-SEVEN

Vera brought home her Preschool class photo on Tuesday. She looks so much like I did when I was little it was really almost overwhelming. She looked so big and so small and I immediately teared up. I'm not very sentimental about babies, I guess it's the preschool years that really get me worked up. 
 2017 week thirty-seven


It was a weekend of Pure Americana down here in Texas. We started it off by trying a new (to us) barbecue place with some good friends. 

It did  not disappoint. 

Then a swimming birthday party for some other friends with pizza and cake and Matthew catching a really giant lizard. It was so big I thought it was a wild bearded dragon or a decorative lizard initially. The kids got a real big kick out of petting him. Mr. Matthew Animal Man was the hero of the party, until the cake was cut. :) 

Then to round it all off we went to a local festival and got our faces painted, lemonade, fried mac and cheese and our fill of all the little kid rides. 

Theodore feels uncertain about the Dumbo ride. 

While Vera specifically requested to sit alone so she could be so brave. 

My little bug.

Vera and Theo rode a little roller coaster without me. Vera did not like it. Theo looked terrified the whole time. 

We stopped to enjoy some really fun stilt performers. The parasol covered vehicle in the back was playing music and zipping around wildly. It was a lot of fun. 

The BIG lemonade please. (To prevent the big heat stroke I guess.) 






Quotes

"I'm going to have a robot and his name will be Expiration." (All I could think was "Exterminate!")

"Why do we ALWAYS have to listen to Hamilton?" (Everyone in my family [Matt and Theo and the dog just think it, Vera actually voices this distress cry] to me every time.)

"Theo, do you want to play Australians? You can be the master. He wears weird shorts. Ok let's go!" I have no idea on this one really.

Matt -"V, I love how curious you are. You're so interested in things and when you grow up you're going to make the world better.
V- "Papa, your voice is stinky."

V -"Mama, can you feel it when I kick your seat?"
Me- "Yes and I don't like it. Please keep your feet off my seat."
V- "Why don't you like  being kicked?"

A Grandfather addressing Vera at a birthday party,
GP -"What are you drawing in this notebook?"
V -"I'm making a calendar."
GP -"Wow. I don't know what to say. You know what a calendar is...?"

Talking about the roller coaster
V- "I never want to do that again. I'm never coming back. I was too nervous and that is JUST not for me."

No comments :

Post a Comment