27 February 2017

EIGHT


Pre-bedtime nonsense to make sure everyone's nice and calmed down.

2017 week eight

Helping me roll pasta. I loved borrowing this pasta press so much I want one for myself.

February? What is February?

When your children are at my house I apparently will make let them cook their own lunches. 

Enjoying a mango smoothie in the warm February afternoon. Theo thought the straw was more fun to use as an instrument for flicking milkshake everywhere. 

He took a bath and was lotioned and brushed and put into fresh night things. I left him in his room to go retrieve a possum and find him happily sitting in the cooled off bath water fully clothed. Reminds me of someone else...


at the exact same age. (nearly to the day)

Matt and I had a little date on Friday night and left the kids with Matt's brother Sam and his girlfriend Larissa. The end of evening report was not favorable. Vera got the opportunity to write her first apology note this week. 

Someone is so excited about her Daddy-Daughter Chick-fil-A date. 

Look at those anguished eyes.

Trying so hard to resist laughing at her Papa's silliness.

Obviously she felt much better once they got there. We love Chick-fil-A and the fun little activities they coordinate. They even gave her a rose to take home. 

Dear Theodore, this is not a way to climb on a chair. 

Seriously. He made himself a personal toddler pillory. 

Quotes:

Vera got in trouble for something and later we were talking about it.
Me: I used to get in trouble a lot when I was a little girl.
V: You did?
Me: Yes, when I would get into trouble Oma would yell at me if I did something really naughty.
V: You would do naughty things because you were little and Oma would yell at you.
Me: Do you like it when I yell?
V: No.
Me: Do you think it's better to yell or spank sometimes?
V: I think it's better to just give hugs and use a calm voice.

"My heart is being magic and my body is being surprised!" Referring to her "trick" of climbing on the couch backwards over the armrests.

Woman at the park: "Do you have a nickname?"
V: "Yes. You can call me Cupcakester."
This is her favorite nickname. Her eyes glow with confidence when she asks me or strangers (apparently) to call her "Cupcakester."

I got Theodore up from using his toilet and there was liquid in it! Yay! Then I noticed the drool trail down his body and into the toilet. He drooled enough that I thought he had peed. He's like a St. Bernard. 

"Mama, what color is cricket blood?" Says Vera (feigning innocence) in the backseat holding the bag of crickets we bought to feed the tarantula. I nearly threw up. 

"Can I have a pinch of salt to eat?" Every meal time. Every. single. time.

Theodore has a comfort book. It's a little ABC board book a friend gave us when he was brand new. He wants to sleep with it and hold it at all times. He's just learned to say "Please" and he's usually referring to being handed his book. As you can imagine, with all that love, it's falling apart fast.

No comments :

Post a Comment