15 December 2016

FORTY-NINE

Making Sarah Bernhardt cakes. I keep forgetting these are in my freezer and then getting little thrills when I remember and I go grab one. Recipe HERE

Anything with wheels he will try to sit on. He's obsessed with bikes. Any bike we pass he points and grunts and wants to touch it so badly. 

Lesson in Fashion from Vera pt 1: a scarf is anything you want it to be.

Lessons in fashion pt 2: messy hair, weird staring eyes, full body patterns mixed with a stripe neutral bien sur.

If I play my cards right and show enough enthusiasm mixed with, "But I just don't know if you're really big enough..." I may get to relieve myself of this duty for good. 

Holiday felt placemat 2016. V touched the moon before it was dry, naturally.

On Friday we headed to California for a long weekend. 



Making (eating the candy off of) a gingerbread house with Oma.

Look closely and you'll spot three dogs on the chair. 

At the fanciest restaurant V and Theo have ever been to. My trick is to get them there hungry and feed them a constant stream of amazing food. Moonstone Bistro was fantastic for breakfast. 

Visiting Grandpa Dean means getting lots of Grandpa Dean candy (Reeses cups) and when Grammy Kristy comes for a visit too that means we get cute new clothes and fun toys. 


Visiting my childhood home. Vera strikes her paparazzi face and Theo lets his belly hang out. 

With Oma in front of the old house. I'm sure the people were home; I'm sure they thought something weird was happening in front of their house. ("Who one earth is taking photos in front of our house?!") 


At Starbucks V got to wait in line by herself and buy her own cheese stick. She was very brave and very proud of herself. She came back to the table and announced, "I was SO brave and wise." Everyone around us thought it was just too precious. 



Smashing the gingerbread house. You can see Theo's little face in the background, "That looks a little dangerous. I want to help."

Little girl on the ramp.

"I need to read about these people on the airplane before we can leave. Can you wait just a minute before you ask me a question, Mama?"


Back home Wednesday morning. I made them play outside while I got a little cleaning done. V was in dress up heaven (she promptly tried on every dress we did not allow her to bring first thing that morning. Theo was angry at me for locking him outside. You can see the anger dripping from his nose. 










Quotes:

V-"Papa's first name is Matthew."
Me- "What's his middle name?"
V- "Poop."

"I'm just the princess of Neverland!" She's never seen Peter Pan. So obviously she's just been there herself. 

"I'm SO excited!" The first thing she said as she jumped out of bed at 430am to leave for California.

She's been trying hard to use the word "recently" properly. She hasn't got quite the hang of it. "I thought my animals were on the couch but recently it's just a ball."

V- "Oh I'm just HORRIFIED of going into places and staying there."
Me- "What does horrified mean?"
V- "It means you really really really want to go somewhere."

"Hold on tight Vera! Hold on tight little girl in the beautiful dress!" Said to herself while she was sitting on a rocking tiger. 

No comments :

Post a Comment