05 December 2016

FORTY-EIGHT

I tried to make Vera a little more excited about Preschool this week by giving her a special lunch bag. 


2016 week forty-eight


We started our advent calendar. This year I bought some drawstring bags from Target and painted numbers on them. I filled them with chocolates or small presents and everyone gets a turn. It's one of my favorite ways to celebrate Christmas. They act as a reminder each morning that it's the Christmas season and we should try to do something kind for someone else that day.

It has been quite chilly lately but Vera slowly removes clothes all day until she is running around naked or in a wispy scrap of fabric. She doesn't really complain though. I wonder how she's not freezing. 

Vera has started to draw people with a lot of detail. I love to see her purposefully drawing pupils and ears and hair. I love them so much. 

One afternoon while Theo was napping V and I took a candlelight bath. I used to love taking candlelight baths when I was little and the magic was not lost on her. 

Cinnamon raisin french toast with cherry jam and tea for breakfast. V loves when I light the Christmas pyramid during breakfast. 

We made slime one day when some friends came over. The girls played, completely absorbed, for over an hour with the stuff. I'm glad we intervened at the hour mark. It took almost as long to get this stuff out of her hair... "But Mama I was wearing a beautiful crown!"

My sweet creatures. 

We made sugar cookies this week. I'm sure you cant tell which ones (with piles of sprinkles) Vera decorated. 

Then they dropped sprinkles all over the floor and Vera requested I let her clean them up like a puppy. She requested I say, "C'mon puppy, clean it up!"

Something has happened over the last couple weeks and V and Theo have clicked. They run around the house playing together all day. They make enormous messes, but I love hearing them laugh and play all day. 

We were playing cards with Vera the other night and when she saw this one she said, "This card looks just like Grandpa Dean!" :) I'm sure Grandpa doesn't mind that "The Strong Man" resembles him. 
Quotes:

"The world is not about closing the windows it's about opening the windows!" Said to herself as she was playing under the table.

Me- "No more sprinkles Vera. Please back away."
V- "I'm not eating them. I'm just standing here thinking about sprinkles."

"Our nativity is moaning." She said this as the batteries were running out on our toy nativity.

No comments :

Post a Comment