28 November 2016

FORTY-SEVEN

One morning it was cold enough that Theo had to wear is baby camo bunting to go outside to play. When I dress him in the morning it includes shoes because the first thing he does it head outside when I let the dog out. And he'll stay out there for hours happily, until the minute I shut the door and then he's banging on the glass to get in.

2016 week forty-seven

Harry Potter Day at the library! Critterman brough Harry Potter themed animals. I'm not sure what his rationale was for this possum though. I've never seen the library so crowded. It was so fun, except when Theo threw his sippy cup of milk at someone and it splashed all over that stranger. I'm so so sorry. 

Barn Owl

Burmese Python. I love the look on the kids faces behind him! Haha.

Vera got a lightning bolt tattoo.



Then she made a quill pen and colored a cornish pixie coloring page. 

Harry Potter Trivia! 

I entered the costume contest: Wizard trying to dress like a muggle.

Then Vera got to make a wand. This was how she posed for the photo. I asked her if she could please smile, and this is what she gave me:

As fake as fake could be. :) 

Wednesday afternoon baking Thanksgiving pies. I let V and Theo eat the extra coconut cream pie filling. 

I'm outside shaving the dog, V is dressed like a cat, and Theo is complaining that we didn't give him his milk in a bottle.

Silly headband Grandpa brought back from his business trip. 
Veronica chose her own accessories for this family photo. This is a 100% true to life depiction of her at any given moment.

Thanksgiving dinner! 

The kids table. 

My beautiful girl on the swing. 


Post dinner family photo. Looks lovely enough, look closer:

Veronica really knows how to ruin a photo. 

Friday night we went camping with a few other families. The weather was gloriously cool, our mattress topper turned camping pad was very comfortable, but neither of my children slept very much. V decided that 3am was morning (WHAT IS WITH HER?) and Theo moaned and tossed all night. 

But when we let them out of the tent, they were the happiest of campers, truly. 

V got to pick out a new hat and gloves combo for the trip because she outgrew her old gloves. She picked pink and princesses. 

Cold and frosty morning.

Bagels for breakfast was the best idea. They were so quick to toast over the flame, and I hardly had to wait for the fire to really get going. I'll definitely do this again next camping trip. Veronica talked non stop for the next two days about how much she loved and just wanted to go back to "Campsite." 


Naked peeking on neighbors Christmas lights before bath and bed.

I roasted a turkey for the first time. (My stove light makes everything weird colors in photos.) Because why settle for only one Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving week? :) 

We read The Gingerbread Man book at least 10 times on Sunday, so we ended up having to make gingerbread cookies.


Quotes:

Whenever I ask V to take a few more bites during a meal:
Me- Vera, please take a couple more bites. At least two.
V- How about I just take five more bites?
Me-Deal.

"Oh my gosh Giraffe! I just LOVE weddings!"

*Gasp* "This garlic is so beautiful and white like beautiful milk." Only my daughter shares my deep admiration for garlic.

Separating eggs for pies.
Me- I put the yolks in this bowl because I need them for the pies.
V- What about this part? The whites.
Me- I don't need the whites for this pie, so I'll keep it in the tupperware.
V -Then can I drink the juice from the eggs? THE WHITES!!!! She wanted to drink the egg whites!

In other news Veronica has been very 3 and very naughty lately. Deep breaths. Boundary Pushing. It has a name. Remind yourself. She's just making sure you're serious about what you say and that she's safe inside the boundaries you set. Deep breaths.



Theodore stuck his cookie to his face and thought it was grand.














1 comment :

  1. Very sweet. Getting these posts is probably the best part of checking facebook. I haven't been on facebook more than a few minutes in the last month. This is worth the checking in for.

    ReplyDelete