17 October 2016

FORTY-ONE

Vera goes to a little group preschool once a week. She really enjoys it. 
2016 week forty-one

We had a big family dinner last Sunday. We had a fancy hot dog bar. It was a lot of fun, and the weather was perfect so we could all be outside. 

Sometimes these two are impossibly cute.

This October has been quite lovely with intermittent cool mornings. Walks are so much more fun with bundled up babies and cool breezes. 

Halloween decor. Everyone has been poked in the eye at least twice so far.

We got this super fun pasta from Trader Joes. They cook up so lovely. I made a pumpkin pasta sauce for them and I internally squealed with excitement on the pumpkin on pumpkin delight.

Baby feeding himself snack.

More bats, because I love them.

On Saturday, Theodore turned one! He's getting so big and fun and such a joy to have around. We could use less destruction and climbing on things though. He'll climb up something quite high, balance standing up, and then clap with pleasure before I rescue him.

Baby cupcake. Look at those eyes. 

We really had a dreamy afternoon outside in the breeze eating our celebratory cupcakes. 

He was especially pleased.

That night we had our annual Apple Party. 

A lot of fun and a lot of sweets as usual. The cider shakes and sassy apple cotton candy were on point this year. 

V discovered that the underside of our couch cushions were uhm, quite gross. So I gave her the vacuum and taught her the joy of sucking away messes. 

Quotes:

Vera, "Mama, can I chain you?"
Me, "No."
Vera, "Can I chain Theo?"
Me, "No."
Vera, "But I just really need to chain someone! I just really love to chain people!"

"Oh Giraffe, I'm sorry you're just going to have to carry this. It's just going to be a bummer."

"But I'm only three! I'm not good at listening yet! When I'm four or five I'll be a good listener. I just cant listen now because I'm only three."

"This is just my favorite foot. I love this foot."

Me, "Vera, can you hear me?"
Vera, "No. I don't think so."

"Pine-corns."

"I just have one more intention. Please let me finish."

"Wow! How can we possibly get down from here?!"

"But, why? Why Mama why do they live in a yellow submarine?"

"Ok, Mama but dont let any bugs crawl on me, like skwerpiens."

"Papa, do you want to feel the couches bones?"

No comments :

Post a Comment