10 October 2016

FORTY

Costco has the best things to climb on. 

2016 week forty


In honor of the anniversary of the Gilmore Girls premiere, cafe's all over the country were transforming into Luke's Diner for the day. My good friend Margie and I had to see what this was all about. Well, they had this guy... And that's about it. Haha. 

Our kids happily entertained themselves in the landscaping while we got to visit. 

Once inside we found the Luke's sign that this cafe decided was better on the couch than on the window. And after a lovely hour and a half of visiting, we got to the front of the line, and they ran out of promotional cups. Wah, wah. Oh well. We had a good time anyway. 

Loving the Moose at Ikea. Vera kept shouting "AKEA! AKEA!" the whole time. 

My mom and John came for a visit this weekend and we drove around doing fun things almost constantly. Steel City Pops was definitely a highlight. 
They both really enjoyed getting to walk around the Gas Monkey garage too.


We had the most satisfying autumn weather while they were in town. Look at that morning light! 

Vera was really sad to see Oma and Grandpa John leave. These two were very very happy to have them in town. 


And I made a beautiful almond apple custard pie for dessert on their last night. We were so full of delicious sweets and treats though, this was probably overkill. 

Beautiful siblings. You can't hear it, but Vera is whining about wanting to take her sweater off because she's "so hot and sweaty." I don't believe you. It's 50 degrees outside. 

Quotes:

"Oh Hi little bird! Are you flying to Target too little bird?

Me, "Vera, please put this away for me."
Vera, "I just CANT do anything. Because my HEART is just gone!"
Me, "Where did it go?"
Vera, "It went outside and ran away. My heart just ran away I just cant. do. anything."

"Giraffe loves to eat her toots. It's her favorite part of tooting."




Matt is going to be mad that I took this video vertically.

No comments :

Post a Comment