12 September 2016

THIRTY-SIX

Vera at Bass Pro Shop (one of her favorite places) holding a toy fish. She wanted me to take a photo so we could send it to Grandpa Dean. 

 2016 week thirty-six

We went to Bass Pro to update Theo's possum. The one on the right is almost a year old now (can you believe it! Theo is almost a year old!) and is looking really ragged. He's sucked its nose into a foul brown point. The new possum will hopefully stay a little cleaner a little longer. 

Theodore is a very good climber. I found him on top of the guest bed after V was shouting, "MAMAAAA, he's being DAAAAAAngerous!"

Practicing writing Veronica's name. It was Matt's idea to teach her a song to remember the letters. 

Writing a note to her friend Julia. While she was writing this she kept saying things in a rude voice that were clearly directed at me. When I would tell her that's not ok she would say, "No, that's just what I'm writing in my letter to Julia." I think she thinks she got away with it. 

Mango seeds are the best for Theo! He will slurp down an entire mango before any of us have a chance to eat any, so I give him a few bites and then let him suck the flesh off the seed while the rest of of get our turn to have some. He looks so cute, like a little monkey, while he chews on it. 

Vera and Theo helping me make cinnamon buns. Frequently while I'm cooking Theo will come into the kitchen and sit on the floor crying and stamping the ground with his little heels, or throw the dogs water dish, or pull chairs or the dog gate down on top of himself. He is convinced that if I'm in there that there has to be something tasty that I can give to him. The WORST thing he does though is sidle up behind me and blow a raspberry on my calf! It is wet and sudden and it tickles. 
Quotes:

"I'm magic! Look I had a bun and I can turn it into a pony tail! I'm magicking my hair!"

"Rock a bye baby in the tree tops. When the wind blows the cradle will rock.
When the spell breaks the cradle will fall, and down will come baby cradle and all."

Every time we talk about the day "Friday": "And on FRIDAYS I eat LOTS and LOTS of fried rice." This has never happened.

singing to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle: Pizza Pizza Pizza Pi, Pizza Pizza Pizza Pi. Pizza Pizza pizza pi, dont you hushabye dont you hushabye.

"Mama, I really had to shave my whole body because I was SO tangley."

"Oh. My. Gosh! That is just SO amazing."

"These muffins are just SO tah-licious. They are the most tah-licious breakfast ever. We will never eat them again because they are just so tah-licious." I cant tell if she's trying to tell me never to make them again or not...

We started reading The Witches by Roald Dahl for our nighttime book. It is on the edge of being too scary for V. We have to reassure her that witches can't come into our house. Then I told her that Mamas have magic too. If a mama sings a good night song then the kids will be safe and protected the whole night. That helps a little but we have to tell her like 10 more times that witches cant come into our house because there is love in our house that protects us. She really wants to believe us but you can tell she's still a little bit worried.


Theo loves the baby pool because he's the perfect height to walk around while in his floatie. He zips back and forth across the pool so happy with himself. His favorite part is the little fountain in the middle though.

1 comment :

  1. I love your chronicling of your family. And what a wonderful family you have!

    ReplyDelete