05 September 2016

THIRTY-FIVE

Matt thinks my canning is getting out of control. I solved that problem by storing excess on top of the cabinets. Now we have space for at least 100 more jars, right sweetie?
2016 week thirty-five

Playing with "Magic nudles."

Frida the majestic.

We had a really beautiful overcast and windy day this week. It arrived on the day our crape myrtle donned her finest.

I took a lot of photos of the windy grey afternoon.

Can you spy Vera? She decided to "take a nap" during grocery shopping. "Take a nap" means squish a lot of produce. 

I'm in love with the rich late summer evening light. Here I am trying to keep my few pepper and cucumber plants alive. 

Theodore uses any book he can find as a sled to zip across the house. He can push a book with his hands while crawling with his legs much faster than crawling on all fours. 

Morning at the park. We tried going to the park twice this weekend so V could play with kids. Both times we had the park completely to ourselves. I guess everyone else isn't up and out of the house by 8am? Being up that early though means we get to take advantage of some fantastic weather.  


"Mama, can I have menu frosting weeks for breakfast?" Can you decode that? That's Frosted Mini Wheats. Haha.

V- "Can you please not call me bug?"
Me- "But you're my bug? You don't want me to call you bug?"
V- "But I kind of like to be your little spider."

"I just loooooooove my snaffy giraffey daffy." Said all day long. At least 300 times per day. 

"I just really want to eat the fish eyes." Said every time we pass whole fish at the grocery store or whenever I cook fish.

I found V playing in her room. She slunk out of her closet looking unsure and guilty. I asked her what she was doing and instinctually she said, "I don't know." Nonsense. I probed, "Did you pee in your pants?" "No." "Did you do something wrong?" "I dont know. No." "What were you doing?" "I don't know." Ok. So this was going nowhere. I asked if she was playing with her babies. "I don't know." Her fear of getting into trouble was starting to worry me. Have I previously been so unapproachable to her? So I went about my business helping get Theo ready for nap. And she came over to me and said she had her apron in her panties. Uhm, what? Ok. "Why is your apron in your panties?" "I don't know." GAH! A few minutes later she said, "I tried to put on the baby diaper but it only fits my baby." Then I got it. "So you then decided to make a diaper out of your apron?" Her whole face lit up with relief and she excitedly said, "Yes! I was pretending to have a diaper like my baby." I told her that sounded like a fun game and when I was little I liked pretending I was a baby too sometimes when I would play. What a silly little thing. It was an indicator to me though to try to make it easier for her to tell the truth by not making her too afraid of getting into trouble.








No comments :

Post a Comment