29 August 2016

THIRTY-FOUR



So much style on our walk around the block. 

2016 week thirty-four


We were enjoying our "cool" evening outdoors. Theodore was especially enjoying himself -splashing in heaven knows what. 

The abacus is a fantastic slippery step stool to access the toys Mama tried to keep away from me.

"Mama, take a picture of me. I climbed this tree."

Visiting Great-Grandma and sharing a pocket full of princess stickers.




On Saturday we went with the cousins to Six Flags! These were Vera's first rides. She kept telling me after each one that she was a little bit scared but that she was brave and had fun. 

Matthew took her and her four-year-old cousin on the Pirate Ship! I wont even ride this thing! They were clinging to him crying the whole time. But when they got off Vera ran to me screaming, "I was so brave! I was so scared but so brave!"

Riding the sombrero with Mama. 


Pestering cousins on the train. I noticed something interesting getting off this train. I usually don't like shirts that have words or phrases on them. They very often air on the tacky side -like the shirt I saw first thing that morning that read, "Kill the Kardashians." I have so many questions about this shirt. Who thought of this? Why did they think it was something that ought to be put on a shirt? How is there a market for this shirt? What sort of message does one send when you wear that shirt? What sort of message do they want to send? And this shirt kept pricking me and making me feel annoyed and sad. Then I saw a little girl when I got off the train wearing a shirt that said, "There is power in being kind." Thank you little girl for wearing such a positive message. I know exactly what message you're trying to send, and I think I can guess a great deal about your character as well.

This was always my favorite ride as a little girl. V loved it as much as I do. Though I admit I'm probably too worried to ride the actual adult version of this ride. 

Last ride of the day. Look at those tired pink cheeks. I was so impressed by her that day. She walked almost the whole time, tried every ride she was allowed to, didn't whine or complain, and was generally just happy and excited. 



Quotes:

"There's an Autumn in our house. And I have to kill it. Don't go back there or it will bite your finger."

"Little Miss Muffin, sat on her tuffin eating some most delicious bugs."

She walked to me from the back of the house to randomly ask,"Mama, is Yoda a goblin?"

"Will you take a picture of me dancing to Ba Ba Bass?"

"Hmm, this animal kind of smells like...penguin...frosting."

V- "This is my tooty giraffe. Mama, I have a question for you. When Giraffey toots she eats her toots."
Me- "That's gross and that's not a question."
V- "Yeah, but she just likes it. She goes "plbbbbbth plbbbbbth and then nomnomnomnom. MmmmmMMMMMmmmm."

"When I was a baby I apposed to say grapsy drapsy and orangey dorangey and peachy deachy."

"I'm a strawberry orange mallow melon alligator purse today." Because this is what you are if you wear one red sock and one orange sock. Obviously.


No comments :

Post a Comment