22 August 2016

THIRTY-THREE

Vera has finally discovered the joy of playing outside. It helps that it has been in the 80s this past week and that she has a dog to chase her around the yard.

2016 week thirty-three

"Why did you run to grab the camera instead of helping me out of here?"


On Wednesday we drove down with Matt's Mom to West, Texas (that's the name of the city not the general direction) to visit Matt's Grandma Dot. 

V was the best during the visit. She was kind to Grandma Dot and was calm and polite. I was so proud of her. It can be hard to visit grandparents when there are no toys, you don't know them, and you're three. 






After our visit we drove a little further south to Waco to visit Magnolia Market. 


V had a lot more fun than she is pretending in this photo.

And this photo. She had a permanent grump face during the more fun part of our trip. She used up all her cheerfulness for Grandma. 



Both of my children were spot on in this photo. Theo, the back of your head is ridiculous.

We had a really fun time walking around Magnolia Market. There were so many neat things to look at. V got to pick a mini bar of soap. She has been very enthusiastic about washing herself during bath time since then. I'll say she's very thorough now. She takes the "repeat as necessary" part seriously. 



She started to perk up in the fairy house teepee.

"Mama, you can't come in here or I can't see the fairies. They wont come out around grown ups."





Hot chocolate snack time with Vera.

Beautiful little thing on a rainy walk.

Quotes:

"Wait Papa, I gotta go dance it out."

I gave Vera a hug and she said, "Look we're stuck together like blocks! We're Lincoln Logs!"

"NO SIR!" (still shouting this at Theodore all the time.)

Every night after I put the children to bed I hear Vera sing "Twinkle Twinkle" to Theodore. I almost cry every time. Unless it's been a difficult bedtime and I'm desensitized to their cuteness.

1 comment :

  1. Its so wonderful that you usually aren't desensitized to their cuteness. 😃

    ReplyDelete