15 August 2016

THIRTY-TWO

I've been experimenting with making baguettes. I know this is technically a "grand batard" but it was very tasty.

2016 week thirty-two

By the end of this week everyone was finally feeling wholly recovered, but I still took very few photos this week.
There were moments this week that were cool enough that we could play outside for a while, and Theodore discovered the magic of our play kitchen.

I could hardly tear him away from it. 

This week some really good friends adopted two sweet boys. We brought them some balloons. It was the happiest 10 minute car ride of my children's lives. 


At dinner the other day Vera interrupted what Matt was saying to look at me and ask, "Mama, remember dating naked?" What?! I've never seen that show, have you seen that show Vera? How do you know about this and why are you bringing it up casually as though we watch it together before naptime every day or something?

We went to the Perot museum this week but I forgot my phone at home so I got no photos of her having a super fun time or of Theodore crying almost the entire time I was not touching him. But I thought it was funny that V kept calling it an "E-museum." She wouldn't stop even when I corrected her. It was stuck in her head that it was an "e-museum" and there was no changing her mind.

Today she grabbed a book and asked if she could read it to me. She grabs my finger and traces it across the page while she jabbers nonsensically, "This is a story called Jasmine and the Light-mares. And they see three pages. And then they see a pony. And then one, two, three. But they couldn't find the crocodile because it was kind of hard to see because it was so far away but they kind of really could see it... etc."

"I have Frida babies in my tummy and Frida will love her sisters. BUT the Frida babies dont have sharp teeth. They have gentle teeth so they can drink my breastmilk."

Me -"We want to go the right way."
V- "Why?"
Me -"Why do we want to go the right way?"
V- "I dont know why we dont want to go the left way."

"I don't want to eat a sandwich. I want to eat something that has flavors in it that I like. We should just go to a restaurant and get a burrito."

V- "What would happen if I would be all crispy?"
Me- "I don't even know how to respond to this question."

V- "Is this a new store?"
Me- "Yes. We've never been here before."
V- "Why is this a new store?"
Me- "How do I even respond to that question? It's a new store because it's new to us because we've never been here before."
V- "Why is it a new store?"

Me- "Do you know what phrase I really like the sound of?"
Matt- "Hail Satan?"
Matt dissolves into laughter and kisses me on the forehead.
Matt- "Put that on your blog." :)

"My mud needs to get a LOT of sleep so the plants will grow."






1 comment :