08 August 2016

THIRTY-ONE

Oh that sweet face. 

2016 week thirty-one

Vera and I were sick all week so I took very few photos and wrote down even fewer quotes.

There are always at least two creatures with their faces too close to mine.

On the second day of my sickness Grandma kindly took V away for the morning and let her play with some cousins. 

Danger baby climbs on everything. He is especially intrigued by the dishwasher.

This week was supposed to be a really fun week for us. Nearly every night we had something planned. Wednesday night I was supposed to accompany Matthew to a Guns and Roses concert in Dallas. I couldn't stand up long enough to fix myself anything to eat, so the walking, sitting in hard seats and staying up late aspect of the concert ruled me out. Matt's brother went with him instead. I was really bummed, but I also fell asleep at 9:30, and threw up, so it was probably the best decision really. We also had to cancel dinner with friends and a pool party! But we did get to go to the doctor three times this week! :) 

Once I was on the mend, V started throwing up. But week-o-fun continued for Matthew. He and the young men drove out to Decatur to cast ant hills with aluminum. They finally got a few good sized ones. He deserved to go after taking half a day off to work from home and keep the kids away from me so I could sleep. Bless him. 



Because V was so sick, Theo got to take a bath by himself in the big tub. I think he enjoyed it.




Quotes:

Me- "What did you make?"
V, showing me a play doh blob- "A lamb with no ears and just two legs and then tires that move around and feet that walk."

"NO SIR!" shouted by V almost constantly all day long at Theo, no matter what he's doing. Sigh. 

"This is little ribbon Robin Hood." :)

"My face feels a little bit sad right now."

squealing "I'm just so exciting!!"

Me- "You're hair feels very soft and looks very pretty right now."
V- "Yah, my hair just looks like people's hair."

Me- "V, grab the honey please."
V- "This one?"
Me- "No. Grab the other one please."
V, with the same honey still in her hand - "This honey?"
Me- "No. The other one that's almost empty."
V- "This one?"
Me- "Yes."
V takes both bottles down and brings them to the table.
Me- "Please put this one back." points to the one in her hand.
V- "This one?"
Me- "YES! What honey could I be talking about besides the one in your hand?"
V- "Is this the honey you want me to put away?"
Me- "I quit."

Two things Theo does when I hold him:

1. Pokes his tongue in and out repeatedly licking my arm.

2. Stiffens his legs straight out 90 degrees/Kicks his whole body like a dolphin while completely going limp in the arms. It's very difficult to hold a creature doing this.

Vera reading to herself, "Shovel in the duck and a hammer on the night. Shovel in the duck. Shovel in the duck. Shovel in the duck and a hammer in the night."

No comments :

Post a Comment