19 September 2016

THIRTY-SEVEN

Theo has discovered the bike. He loves it. He hasn't figured out steering yet, but he can run pretty fast on that little thing. Occasionally he'll stop for a minute to dance and then proceed down the hallway. 
2016 week thirty-seven

My daughter. She cries at the sight of a mushroom or a shrimp on her plate but drank olive brine straight from the jar and requested spicy dilly beans and milk(!!) for snack this day.

Frida being naughty. She's technically staying in her bed (it's in our cupboard) but she's peeking out to try to sneak out of her bed while we're eating. 

Vera got her first ice cream from the ice cream man- who in our town pushes a cart covered in jingley bells. She calls him the jingley man. It had a spongebob on it and she asked me, "why does this silly cheese have a face? This cheese is so silly he's wearing clothes!"

Practicing writing the number two. 

She sat at the table for almost an hour with a cup full of brushes pretending to paint her face. She would beg to paint the face of anyone who walked past her. Poor Frida and Theo got a paint brush to the eye...

Theo pretending to text while I try in vain to get him to use the toilet. He pretends to text on anything he can hold in his hands. I can't decide if it's cute or repulsive. 

Handsome baby at a wedding. He'll be a year old next month. 

Vera pouting because we made her play outside. It usually takes 15 solid minutes of whining before she gives up and decides to enjoy herself.

Speaking of whining, this little one moans and sobs the entire time I cook dinner. If it's after 4pm and I'm in the kitchen he will start wailing and following me. Matt strung up the jumper outside on a tree and handed him balloons. He was happy for nearly an hour as I cooked. 


Quotes:

I've been listening to a lot of Roger Miller lately. "Dang Me" is one of the songs that plays the most. V thinks he says "Dangling" though and will walk around the house singing it. Ha. Her favorite Roger Miller song is "Can't Roller skate in a Buffalo Heard". She thinks it's hilarious.

V- "*sigh* Giraffey is just so beautiful."
Me- "I do not agree."
V- "Well she's very beautiful to me. She's so beautiful I have to just back up and squeal and squeeze my snaffy so hard."

"Mama, would you like chicken flavor green or chicken flavor black tea?"

Things she's said after playing in her kitchen:
"Oh good, my baconese are cooking so roasty!"
"I'm cooking fried cow skin with tomatoes. It will be so tah-licious."
"Hmm. I think my roasting chicken skin needs longer. I will put some flowers in it."

Mad at me for making her play outside, "Mama, you must NEVER EVER make me play out side. You're not allowed to make me play outside. I WONT play! You MUST NEVER put me out here alone." Uhm, mind your tongue little one.


The game she always requests Matt to play with her (chasing her with her giraffe) often ends up in nonsense screaming lectures by Vera:


1 comment :