16 August 2026

THIRTY-THREE

 

V is all about the handstands lately. I apologize in advance, if we come over to your house she will probably try to put her feet on your walls. I should just make her carry a magic eraser to clean up after herself. 


2026 week thirty-three


Last day of Summer Vacation, putting up a new swing rope. Matt got the absolute sturdiest one available as the previous "sturdiest available" ropes were no match for kids. 

Kip is such a patient girl. Here she is being swaddled in a trash bag. 

Meet the Teacher for Middle and Upper School on Monday before school started. 


First day of school! 

V couldn't wait to get back to school. 

Theo was a little nervous that 5th grade would be strict and difficult. 

First day of school celebratory sushi dinner. 

Theo got over his worries quickly. He has a class full of friends and his teacher brought in a leopard gecko for the class pet and put him in charge of feeding it and cleaning the cage. 

Friends invited us over to celebrate the end of the first week with hamburgers and swimming. And obviously some weapon modeling. 

The glow sticks in the pool was such a fun experience for the kids. They looked like glowing jellyfish. 



Theo spent all weekend perfecting the pen gun. 

Quotes:

Theo -"For our family movie this week can we watch Poltergeist?
Me- "No."
Theo- "What?! Why not?!"

Theo grumpy about the first day of school and his new shirts- "It looks like I'm wearing old elephant skin!"

V- "My top five movies of all time are: Contagion, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Iron Man 1, Thor 1, and the Sixth Sense." Quite the eclectic mix. 

V -"Come look! The beautiful yellow mold is unanimously spreading throughout the bread in my petri dish!"

V- "*NSYNC just sounds like American Saja Boys."
Me- "Wow. Rude. Saja Boys are just trying to sound like the Korean *NSYNC. *NSYNC definitely came first."

Theo- "You know how our family doesn't believe in ghosts and stuff like that? Well, David Blaine makes me believe in magic. Like I can't believe in it, but then I see him do a trick and I just have to believe in magic for like an hour!"


No comments :

Post a Comment