09 August 2026

THIRTY-TWO


Some photos of Ribfest 2026. This was year 11 for Ribfest. 


2026 week thirty-two



V got some hand-me-downs from older cousins. It's so fun to have cool cousins who give you their nice clothes. 



The trinity of rib fest includes: ribs

biscuits



and corn. Soda and watermelon are important but secondary. 


While I was back at work this week Grandma was very generous with her time with the kids. 


V also got to hang out with her friend and have adventures in a questionable creek. 

One evening we sent the kids to bed with a final good night. 30 minutes later I get out of the bath and see V swinging outside. Her reply was "well you said good night but I didn't think that meant I had to go to bed." I'm not sure what she thought it did mean...


My former teammate gave me this amazing print from the artists of the Great British Baking Show! It is such a unique gift! 

Fun Easter Egg: I wear the same dress every year for staff photos. I only have 3/5 of the years printed though. 

On Saturday, my friend Sera and I went to a beautiful nursery in Dallas and had excellent coffee in their darling coffee shop and then ooh-ed and ahhh-ed over the gorgeous plants. I was so very sorely tempted by the unique orchids that I absolutely could not afford. 


I am in love with the color of this hardy hydrangea. I will find you for sale somewhere, and I will plant you. 

No comments :

Post a Comment