15 September 2024

THIRTY-SEVEN

 

Theo caught a small lizard at recess and had a hoard of children around him while he explained all about it. He is a little Steve Irwin in the making. 

2024 week thirty-seven

A little friend. 

Poor Kippy got fixed this week. Her body is so long that she has to wear an extra large cone. I didn't think she'd figure out how to maneuver it, but she's getting the hang of it. Two weeks of cone and crate. She's going to be so mad at us. 

On Friday night, Matt and his dad went to see Marilyn Manson in concert. They said it was a pretty good show. It's hard to believe this man is old enough to be a grandfather these days. The thought makes me laugh.

V had her second cross country meet this weekend. She ran her little heart out and in the final stretch caught up and passed two runners ahead of her. I'm proud of how hard she's working at this. She feels so good after a race. 

No cross country meet is complete without catching a water bottle full of grasshoppers. 

Mysterious plants are growing in my yard. Google says this may be a muscadine. That would be great if it were true, but I'm a bit suspicious. 

I'm suspicious because Google says this is a papaya plant. That seems ridiculous but I guess we'll see.  

The chickens have started laying! We had two eggs on Saturday. It was very exciting. 


Quotes


T- "Look at this pen gun I made Grandma. I made it out of scratch!"

T- "Grandpa just has to come with us to Six Flags. He is the one who taught me all about roller coasters and six flags. So he has to come with us. Also he's my grandpa! Duh."

No comments :

Post a Comment