22 September 2024

THIRTY-EIGHT

 

Tuesday was National Cheeseburger Day apparently. I got a text from Matthew that said as much with an accompanying wail of "If we have to eat sad salad today it will be like taking Christ out of Christmas." 


2024 week thirty-eight

Being cute at school. None of the 6th grade teachers send me photos of V being cute at school. 

On Friday evening, Matt and I went to see Ray LaMontagne in concert at the Music Hall at Fairpark. 

It was my ideal concert: Seats. The opener started on time. They only played for 30 minutes. The headliner started on time. The excellent music wasn't even loud enough for earplugs. And I was home in a bath by 10:30. Perfect. 



Salem snugglecat. I love his little protective paw on Matthew. 

Matt and I are about to start this book for October. I read The Turn of the Screw in High School and it was so creepy and I loved it. 



On Saturday morning I met up with Ashley for Yemeni coffee and treats. We had the best time trying the sampler of different drinks and just chatting for a couple hours. Some older gentlemen offered to share some of their tea with us as well and when we left one of them told me I looked like Celine Dion. Haha. Coffee, pastries, dear friend, and a confidence boost? Smashing. 

While I was off galavanting, Matt was getting well overheated in the attic working on electrical projects and building a pathway. 

Quotes:

T- "Whoa, is that man a stunt devil?" precious. 

No comments :

Post a Comment