01 September 2024

THIRTY-FIVE

 

"...The red fire blazes, the grey smoke towers. Sing a song of seasons, something bright in all, flowers in the summer fires in the fall." -Autumn Fires, by Robert Louis Stevenson


2024 week thirty-five

Roaches fleeing for their lives from the fire.




The woodpile last Monday. By Sunday it was gone. 

Matt spent all week burning the woodpile. I cannot believe our little steel trashcan could handle the amount of logs we kept feeding it. 


Theo also got to go look at Halloween decorations. 

Never enough for him. 

Never enough. 

Playing some wild version of poker with chips of their own invention. However you look at it though, V was definitely winning. 


Two yummy dinners we made this week: Leftover brisket used in a Pho inspired salad.


Homemade noodles in a mushroom cream sauce. Both were top notch. 



     
Holiday Card 2024


Quotes:

V -"I will eat my skin, but I don't eat my boogers or my scabs. I just couldn't do that. I can't stomach it."
T- "Hmm. How odd!" 

Theo and Matt standing in the pencil aisle of Michaels. 
T- "Let's go back and look at the Halloween decorations."
Matt- "I want to look at pencils."
T- "If you want to look at pencils just look at your legs."

Matt- "We're not going to watch The Sixth Sense yet. It'll ruin your lives."
T- "What's The Sixth Sense?"
V- "It's a nickel and a penny."

Me and V walk by a sign in an aisle at Sprouts that reads Aloe Vera.
Me- "Look V, that sign is saying Hi to you!"
V takes a moment - *ENORMOUS eye roll.*

No comments :

Post a Comment