14 January 2024

TWO

 

The kids started archery class this week. They both really enjoy it so far. 


2024 week two 

At a nickel arcade birthday party. They came home with slide whistles. They were delighted.


We're expecting a hard freeze this weekend. Last year I didn't pick all my greens beforehand and when they thawed, the entire backyard smelled like rotting cabbages for weeks. So THIS year I decided to harvest and process what I could ahead of time. 

After washing, cutting, blanching, and squeezing, this is that table full of greens in seven freezer-friendly packages. 



The naughty cat (Pickles) has learned to open his cat food container and spills it in the night when he's ready for a snack. Being thoroughly exhausted by this routine, I decided to get a container that he absolutely could not open. 


Quotes

I went into Theo's room early on Sunday morning just to snuggle him for a little while. "Why are you in here? Did you have a bad dream and need to snuggle?"

No comments :

Post a Comment