08 November 2023

FORTY-FOUR


Happy Halloween! The kids wanted to dress up as characters from one of their favorite cartoons: Over the Garden Wall. Matt and I were some pumpkin head people that the characters met in one episode. No one recognized the costume but the kids were thrilled with it. 

2023 week forty-four

Trick-or-treating group



This is the best photo of Matthew that has ever been taken. I will treasure it forever. 

I also love school photos. I get so excited to put the new one up in our hallway each year. 

Theo is demanding a retake for this photo, but I think it's cute. 



My brother and sister-in-law had the coolest costume this year. I was so impressed. 



4th grade team getting ready for the Fall Fun Fair. 

Saturday was a busy day with chores and the kids wanted to surprise me with a coffee shop/spa experience. They turned Theo's room into a coffee shop called CFC (Cole's Fancy Coffeehouse) and everything cost a penny. So I had a sparkling water and some of the kids Halloween candy and they gave me a hand massage and a pizza cutter massage -this is exactly what you think it is. They rolled a plastic pizza cutter up and down my back. Best penny I ever spent. 

The happy workers in their uniforms standing next to the menu of goods and services. 

Pickolas is the cutest. 

We also made a Halloween gingerbread house and some molasses puffed rice balls. They are similar to popcorn balls but with that lovely depth of flavor from the molasses. 

Theo and I had a ramen date while V was at youth group. He really needs to learn how to master chopsticks. Ramen was his choice though and he really enjoyed it. 


The fence is complete! 









 

No comments :

Post a Comment