29 October 2023

FORTY-THREE

 

The sweetest boys. 


2023 week forty-three

Halloween decoration hunting. The kids loved getting to drive by some wild Halloween decorations. It gave Theo big plans for his future home. 

We had our 12th annual Apple Party this weekend. We let the kids dictate the guest list. Each got to pick four families to invite. There were a lot of kids. It was just as fun as always and really fun to have some new faces this year. 

Matt always mans the cider shakes and they are always such a delight.

We had our first real autumnal weather that day. It was in the 60s and dark and cool. It was glorious. 

We put the tiny bottles of apple juice on dry ice. It was bewitching. 


It rained nearly 2 inches in the 24 hours before the party. The rain stopped just a couple hours before the party, so we opened the french doors and extended our living room to the grass (mud) as well. Most of the kids spent their time running around and they probably all went home with muddy hobbit feet. 


Piñatas in the dark are not recommended. 

As tradition dictates, apple cider donuts for breakfast after the apple party. I got down the deep fryer this year and what a difference it made. Everyone said they were the best they've ever been. 


Quotes

V "Ew. Why would you listen to Papa?"
Me "Because I love him, he's my husband and I respect him. We work as partners. And I hope when you have a spouse it's the same for you."
V "Ugh. I'm just going to have a husband I can boss around and he will do whatever I want."
Me "Good luck with that." 
V "Or I'll just have giraffes and cats." 




No comments :

Post a Comment