29 July 2018

THIRTY



Sweet kitty has taken to napping in the dress up bin.

 2018 week thirty

He thought it would be funny. When the ramifications of his decision hit him his little brown eyes filled with tears and he fell on my neck sobbing. Poor little thing. He was thrilled however the next day to go buy a light up Star Wars toothbrush. V mused, "So the next time I get a toothbrush I can get a light up one. Like if my toothbrush fell in the toilet, next time?" Hmmm. Don't get any ideas.

Sweet bedtime moment. Papa, braids, and bedtime stories. The hair tie on his wrist chokes me up a bit.

Photo by V. Theodore looks so long and tall like a real big boy in this photo.



V helped me make sausage risotto and grilled pepper salad. She loved helping me but my family has an unnatural aversion to risotto. Rude. 

Another photo by V. 

On Friday we went to the Crayola Experience. It was maybe worth the money. But while Theo slept most of the time, V happily frolicked from one crayon-themed activity to the next exclaiming that this was the most wonderful place she had ever been. To compound her point she told me she wanted to tear me to bits when I said it was time to leave. 

Making a crayon ring was really pretty fun.

We sat at the play doh table for almost 30 minutes.

Making crayon spin art. There were really a lot of neat and different activities to do there. And it was full of happy kids shrieking and coloring. It was a kid dream.

We had a big family paella dinner on Saturday. It was very tasty. We tend to prefer jambalaya usually because we love the spicy blackened chicken and shrimp. 


"Mama hold me." "I am holding you." "No stand up and hold me."


Quotes

Veronica

Me- "Why are you sticky?"
V- "Because I'm just a big booger shaped like a real life person."

Theodore

"I'm not Little Bear! When I grow up I will be little bear."

"Maybe when I grow up tomorrow I will be Uncle Jacom and I'll brush my teeth gently like a man."

"I'm going to fly out of my bed! I'm a dragon!"

T- "I'm going to hit you."
Matt (leans forward) - "Try it. See what happens."
T- "I'm not going to hit you."
Matt -"That's what I thought."







Our dusty, mighty bug huntress resents being confined to the inside of the window.


No comments :

Post a Comment