05 November 2017

FORTY-FOUR

Two little kitties ready for trick-or-treating! 

2017 week forty-four 
Our neighborhood was pretty lame. Most houses did not answer their doors. Those who did were very generous with their candy. But it was a lot of walking for a lot of closed doors. They still got more than enough candy though.

Also, a little kitty followed us almost the entire time we were outside. She wanted to be part of our little kitty family, I guess. After trick-or-treats we ate too much candy and watched a halloween movie. I let Veronica pick, and I was so proud that she picked Hocus Pocus. She loves it almost as much as I do. :) 

On Thursday we went to my nieces' school to watch a class play about bones. My niece had a solo! Vera was starry eyed and enamored. She whispered to me, "I wish I could be her so I could sing in a play." And I was in tears because there is something about elementary-aged kids who are so capable and helpless at the same time (The boy who played the "Pelvis" had his shoes untied.) that definitely reduces me to tender tears. They were so sweet. 

I found a beautiful circa 1850 cabinet on craigslist. It was delivered on Saturday and I love it. It was surprisingly much more beautiful in real life than in the photos. And bigger. And in every way just perfect. I'm so pleased with this find.   

I cant wait to put my grandmother's china in this cabinet. 

Warm Sunday mornings are for playing at the park. Poor Theo had a hard time breaking out of his shy shell to go play, and then he made the foolish decision to stamp on an ant hill. That's when we had to leave. 

Vera has been interested in "milk maid" braids lately. Her hair is just barely long enough for it. She feels so fancy.
Quotes:

When Theodore uses the toilet he gets candy. When he doesn't have to go he likes to tell me, "No pee. No candy. No candy, no cry." Then I end up singing "No candy, no cry." to the tune of "No Woman No Cry." 

V- "Yuck, what is that smell out here."
Me- "It's cat poop. Cats like to poop in my front garden bed."
V- "That's it. I don't want any cats in this world."

"Mama's don't like to have to wash things. They just want to spend time with their kids." Sobbing. YES! YES! So please stop spreading dirt and crumbs around! 

"I don't want to eat this. It tastes like a tarantula."

V playing with cars outside in the dirt, "There's too much dirt in Mexico, I wish I was in America."

No comments :

Post a Comment