20 August 2017

THIRTY-THREE



Armadillo skin basket.

2017 week thirty-three

I found an incredible antique store in Carrollton (really close to Babe's Chicken if you're local). It was the antique store of your dreams with absolutely everything you would expect, things you would want, and things you couldn't believe.  It was an hour and a half of history heaven walking through there by myself. 



Torchy's Tacos with some good friends. 

We found a glorious puddle after a heavy rainstorm. 





It was a perfect afternoon walk.

Not too big for a sink bath yet. 

A boy and his frogs and his trains. 

Aunt Mike and Lucy pushing Vera on the swing. 

He abandoned his Moana costume for 10 minutes to get his "Adventure Gear" on. 

The spigot in our front yard has been leaking for a while and I noticed my lavender bush right next to it was completely rotted in the middle. So we ripped up the plant and stripped off all the leaves. Vera and Theo helped me fill little cotton bags full of the leaves and stash them in the beds and closets around the house. 

On the lawnmowers at Lowes -their happy place. I had to drag Theodore away screaming and kicking and flailing when it was time to go. Anyone around  here have a ride on lawn mower that he could come ride on for his birthday? :)



Quotes:

"I'm going to be a Komodo dragon, ok?" Vera feels like she needs to inform us of every person/animal/thing she is pretending to be. And if you do not respond she will repeat it until you can't take it anymore. 

Alternate scenario, "I'm going to name Giraffey (insert some new ridiculous name here), ok?" Or "I'm a princess named 'Badden', ok?" Badden is a name she really likes to pretend to have.

"I'm being a tattoo princess. Would you like to come to my tattoo shop? Oh Theodore are you at my tattoo shop? Would you like a nice tattoo? How about on your face?" She keeps it classy at her Tattoo Princess Parlor.

V- "I'm trying all these flavors of icecream."
Me- "What flavors do you like?"
V- "Mint roses flower taste, sun honey ice cream. It's an ice cream shop where they have cakes and cupcakes and candy but the name of the shop is 'Jail'."

"I want to be the girl from the movie that Giraffey really likes. It's her favorite movie and the girl is called 'Wet Woman'."

Singing to the tune of "The Wheels on the Bus" "The witches on the bus go scare, scare, scare..."







No comments :

Post a Comment