25 June 2017

Twenty-Five

My kids have really great style. 

2017 week twenty-five

Matthew went on his last High Adventure with the boy scouts. They mostly just jumped off rocks and soiled the lake. 


It looks like an ideal place to wake up on a warm summer morning. 

Vera has been really into playing Candy Land. She has not been enjoying having to chase down Theo to take back the game pieces every few minutes. 

Fluffy pup in the car. 

"Eh Papa Papa." = "I'm being Papa fixing things." He walked all around the house smiling and fixing things with his little screwdriver and vest. He was very pleased with himself. 

Sunday morning breakfast Dutch style. Tea and toast with cheese (would have been perfect if we had had some nice Gouda) and ham and fresh berries and hagelslag. I was so happy to find that World Market carried De Ruijter products. I love hagelslag. It brings me right back to visiting my Dutch family when I was young. 

On Sunday morning we met up with some friends to play on the splash pad and park a few towns away. V was very nervous and brave as she climbed this enormous rope structure. It was at least twice as high as is shown in the photo. 


And Theo spent most of his time playing in the dragon mouth stream. You could press a button and a spray of water would issue out of the stone dragon's nose and mouth. 

Quotes:

"I'm playing that my parents died and before they died they said I could wear my head band at bedtime and nap time and I could go wherever I wanted without parents. Isn't that e-mazing?" Clearly her fictional parents are really nice and knew that before they died they should grant Vera her greatest desire to wear headbands at bedtime and nap time.

Me- "Theodore what are you grateful for?"
Theo- "Papa!" *pretends to tickle himself*
Me- "You're grateful that Papa came home and tickled you?"
Theo - *open mouth happy nodding*

One night when Matt was gone this week on High Adventure I scooped up V and brought her into my bed to snuggle with me. This is what I was greeted with in the morning.
V- *sharply prodding my face until I woke up*
Me- "Good morning."
V- "Why did you bring me here? I didn't want to sleep in your bed!"

"Is this candy called 'peas'?" I bought her a PEZ candy to as a prize to earn for doing extra jobs without whining. She sounded out the letters by herself in the back seat! I was so proud.

Me -"Wow, where did you get that attitude?"
V- "From my face!"

No comments :

Post a Comment