15 May 2017

NINETEEN

If you leave a bucket of utility sand in the backyard, it will instantly become play sand. Just a cautionary tale for others. Also the wind wasn't blowing Theo's hair back like that. That is just what it does sometimes.  
2017 week nineteen

Our photos this week perfectly match what we spent our time doing: being outside in the soft spring air. 

Giving silly kisses. 

My lovely Vera. (until she and Theo tried to reenact "Hop on Pop" on my back) 

I feel so connected to the ages when I make bread. Except that I use a mixer because who has 15 minutes to stand and knead bread? Not even "the ages", this is why they discovered sponge and sourdough starters. 

Just your ordinary mid dinner prep with a little goblin. Note the bear (or "Bo") that Theodore is holding at the bottom of the photo. 

My children do not appreciate the lengths I go to get them to be quiet when I need them to be. I'll spend an hour on an activity that will keep them quiet for 20 minutes. Moana felt doll dress up. 

Born a poor young country boy, Mother Nature's son. 
Quotes:

V- "Can I bring this playdoh to the park?"
Me- "No. Then you'll be distracted from playing with your friends."
V- "But I can play baseball or football with them with this playdoh!"
Me- "Do you know what those games are?"
V- "No."
Me- "No playdoh at the park."

V- "I'm playing footsies with you!"
Matt-"I don't want you to pull my sock down with your toes."
This conversation happened twice this week.

V brought me a menagerie of stuffed animals and proceeded to name them all for me.
"This one is Tuna, and this one is Luna. This one is Edda. And here's Fredda. And I think this one is named Inga."

No comments :

Post a Comment