24 April 2017

SIXTEEN

Honey Nut Cheerios will send you a free packet of wildflower seeds in a new campaign to help #bringbackthebees Vera and Theo had a really fun time helping me dig up the dirt and worms to plant our little packet.
2017 week sixteen

One afternoon it rained and rained and rained and my sweet little one begged to go on a rainy walk. She delighted in getting soaked to the skin and splashing in every puddle. 

Outdoor play-doh may have been my best idea ever. 

On Friday we went to the zoo with friends. Vera wanted to see the monkeys most of all. Mandrills are made of nightmares. This one was graphically no exception. Terrifying. 

On the monorail. 


Getting soaked in the kids area. Theodore was in heaven. Face first in the water as often as he could be. He'd sit under little water falls and splash and scream and laugh. 

Gorilla 




We got to ride on the little train, and my little railway enthusiast thought this was the greatest day of his life. 


And we got to ride the carousel not once but three times.

No end to the joys. Thank you friends for taking us to the zoo. 

In the barrel of stuffed mice at IKEA


Quotes

"All week until we die" this is how Veronica indicates "forever" As in: Can I keep this all week until we die?"

"I'm playing doctor with Theo. I was a good doctor and poured mud down his back."

Listening to Hamilton with me, "Isn't it funny how they keep saying, 'Well I'll be hammed?'" It was really, "Well I'll be damned."

"What's your name? WHAT'S YOUR NAME? Alexannnnnnnndrrrrrrrraaaaaa!" I'm sure you have NO idea where the inspiration for this derived. Haha. #hamiltonlife

"I just loved that candy. It was so sour to death! Wait, what does death mean?"

I caught Vera naked in bed with her big alligator stuffed animal. 
Me, "What are you doing?"
Vera, "I'm being you and the alligator is my papa."
Me, "Do you mean the alligator is your husband?"
Vera, "Yes, my husband papa."
Me, "Well, why are you naked?"
Vera, "Because sometimes you are naked in bed with Papa. I'm being Lana and this is my husband papa."
Me, "Is his name Matthew?"
Vera, "Is that Papa's name?"
Me, "Yes."
Vera, "My Husband Papa Matthew."
(Just to clarify, sometimes I get way too hot at night and have to sleep without pajamas. This is all she is mirroring)

Vera, "I'm going on a date with my husband papa alligator Matthew, so will you watch my kids for 70 80 days?"
Me, "That's a long time."
Vera, "Well, it will be a long date."

"How do you get married for real?"

"I just love my alligator husband. Look at him holding my hands."

No comments :

Post a Comment