13 March 2017

TEN

He kept taking his book around the living room and laying on his stomach to look at it. His Papa likes to do this too. Very sweet. 

2017 week ten

Waiting for our airplane to take us to Utah!

This was Theodore's first experience with snow. He kept reaching for it and cooing at it. I would put his finger in it and he would immediately make this face. 

This was my whole reason to travel to Utah: to spend as many hours as possible chatting with my two favorite women. I love both of you so much. To sound rather dramatic, you are woven into who I am. We were beyond lucky to just "end up" together at university. I just barely missed seeing Lauren's baby, but at least I got to visit with you and help you time contractions and feed you eggs en cocotte. I miss you. I hope it's not another 2.5 years before we see each other again. 

Cafe Rio dinner with the cousins! They were so sad Vera wasn't with us, but seemed to be fine with "Baby Feo" as a substitute.

Theo whined until he had a fork and unfettered access to my pork barbacoa salad. 

Meanwhile, back in Texas, Vera is having the time of her life with Grandma. On this day she got to have lunch at school with her cousin. 

On the train.


I love trains. There's something about them. I get so excited and happy to sit on a train. 


V had a Little Mermaid filled week. Apparently she sang the songs and pretended to be Ariel non-stop. So clearly, she was thrilled to sleep in a bed next to this poster.

This was the first time I ever left Vera overnight anywhere and we left her for 5 whole days! I thought she'd be shy and sad and miss us. Hardly. She was kind of bummed when we took her home because, in her own words, "I'd like to go back to grandma's house and watch more movies."

I got to have some of the young women over to teach them how to make basic baguettes. It was so fun and we got to eat delicious bread at the end of it. 

Vera has an interesting theme when playing: Exhibit A

Exhibit B 

Theodore's hair was so fluffy this morning. He looked like a fluffy little cockatoo. 

Going to the park on Sunday mornings is one of my favorite things to do with my little ones. Despite Vera's seemingly grumpy face, she loves it too. 



Quotes:

"It's ok Mama. Theo can use my car seat for the whole month until we die."

"Mama, when are we going to die?"

"Mama, are we going to be really old when we die? How many numbers until we die?"

Listening to Hamilton in the car, V- "Mama, what is a revolution?"
Me-"..."
V- "Excuse me, did you hear me? What is a revolution?"
Me -"That is a hard question to answer, you might not really understand."

Me -"Excuse me little one, why are you pestering me so much today?"
V- "Because I just have things to tell you that I HAVE to say. La la la la gah gah grah bah!"

V talking mostly to herself while playing Ariel, V -"No, I don't want to get it!"
Matthew- "What? Malaria?"
Almost offended, V -"No. Stop Papa." 
Matthew -"Aw. My first embarrassing Dad joke."


1 comment :

  1. Omg, it's already weird to see that picture of me. Was I really so pregnant only a week ago?

    I'm sad that you didn't get to meet Luc but so, so happy to have had the chance to see you. I'll always remember that I went into labor due to all the laughing I did with you and Becky. That was a perfect way to spend my last day before the baby.

    I love you and I'm so glad to have you as my forever bosom friend.

    ReplyDelete