14 November 2016

FORTY-FIVE

Autumn walk. No one forgot their phone. Alternative captions: This is so meta. Or: Wow, cutie pants.
2016 week forty-five

Veras accessory of choice these days is a hat. The penguin one has been the favorite since the parade, but it gets a break from time to time with a purple cabled beanie, a black home knit beanie, or the gnome/goblin hat. Everywhere we go she needs to pick a hat before she feels suitably dressed to leave the house.

This little man and his knock-you-out smile.

This was as close as V got to a dance class. Apparently we were the only ones who registered. There was a lot of disappointment. 

Her disappointment was assuaged by running up and down this hall screaming and then setting off the fire alarm when I wasn't looking. 

My sweet little goblin children.

This photo says, "Send your children to my house! I'll feed them cookies and I will NOT brush their hair." 

Theo got to sit at the kid table with the big girls and he had his first stroop waffel. Welcome to the world of Dutch treats my Snoepje.

Goblin girl goes to the library. The librarians laughed for a minute straight when they saw her march confidently through the doors. I made the little dress this week and a couple hats. After I finished her hat, she requested one for giraffe as well. 

"I've made a huge mistake." -Theo, after being wild with his possum and entangling it in the mobile. 
Quotes:

"Sometimes when I walk it kind of makes it feel like my bones are going to fall out." How it feels to walk with both legs in one leg hole of a leotard apparently.

"Leotart" = Leotard

"That smells like it's delicious. Wow, it smells great in here!" Vera, referring to a sharpie pen.

Vera came bounding into the bathroom while I was taking a bath to inform me, "I put salt and pepper on my apple cake and it WAS DELICIOUS! IT was soooooo good in my belly. I JUST LOVE IT!" She put enough pepper on it that it was all stuck in her teeth. Gross. I've created a monster.

V's friend J- "Teasing is not nice when you're trying to make people sad."
Me -"I think she was just trying to play a game with you."
J -"Well I don't like teasing games I only like board games."
V- "What are born games?"
J -"They AREN'T boring games!"
V -"What?!"
J -"MY GAMES ARE NOT BORING!"
V- "... Hahahaha."

"Frida lived in a Bonnie (Frida's mom's name) submarine when she was a baby." Sung to the tune of Yellow Submarine, obviously.

"*GASP* Papa! It's a dandelion! There's a dandelion outside! LOOK! I want to pick it. It's a dandelion day. I'm going to go tell Mama!"




No comments :

Post a Comment