![]() |
| Homecoming Week. Literary Character Day. Theo is a hobbit, I am Susan from Narnia, and V is a crayon from "The Day the Crayons Quit." |
2026 week thirty-eight (There was no week thirty-seven. We didn't take a single photo.)
![]() |
| There were three Susans and an Aslan. |
![]() |
| Dynamic Duo: V and her friend were Jem and Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird. |
![]() |
| Apple and Pi. |
![]() |
| Matt has been overhauling our old rain barrel stand. This was the first big home improvement he made 11 years ago. |
![]() |
| He, in classic fashion, over-engineered the new structure to withstand any possible calamity. |
![]() |
| It's also raised up higher for better storage underneath. I found this lion door knocker on a girls trip earlier this year and it made a nice door handle for the rain barrel. |
![]() |
| And the door is on lovely hinges now, everything is perfectly level and stained a lovely color. |
![]() |
| On Saturday night we drove down to Dallas to see a Shakespeare in the Park play. This year was Titus Andronicus -a rather gory play. The kids were delighted. |
![]() |
| We met up with some friends and had a lovely time. |
Quotes:
T-"Do I have to eat this cabbage?"
Me- "Yes, you need the fiber."
T-"But I'm skinny enough."
Me- "That is not the point of fiber."
T- "I just dont really like 'dinners'. I like raw vegetables and fruit and warm meats. I dont like things all cooked together."
Me-"What will you eat when you are a grown up then?"
T- "Pasta. Every night will be pasta."
Me- "That wont be good for you. And what about your kids? What will you feed them?"
T-"I will just let them cook their own food."
Me- "Best of luck."










No comments :
Post a Comment