30 August 2026

THIRTY-FIVE

 

Sometimes my kids feel very old and almost grown. And then there are weeks when they are silly little unbaked creatures. 


2026 week thiry-five

Frothing hot chocolate turned into me pulling hairs out of a whisk...

Vacuuming the baseboards turned into a full "flame-thrower" ghillie suit... 

Watering the chickens turned into alien planet houses. 

Sunday night dinner with grandparents. 

When Matt is at work he will let Kip out for a break while he makes his lunch. She always goes out and just sits like this face to the sun or the wind. 




Here's a fun thing that Matt did for me. I told him how I watched a video about finding "your true red lipstick" and how it isn't actually red. The process is the take a red from your actual skin tone and turn up the saturation to find a good color match. We sat together while he worked his magic with photoshop and found three lipstick colors based on pinks and reds in my skin colors. Then I took this photo to Sephora to color match. I found all three. It was so exciting because a) they were colors I would never have gravitated toward, and b) they work so well with my skin that it is almost not noticeable but is also at the same time perfect. And surprise. My color is not red. Its so much more brown and purple than I would have picked. 

This color on me is a perfect "red" lip. Incredible. It was such a small thing that brought such a thrill that I had to tell everyone I know about the process. 


Quotes:


Theo -"Grandma wins. She had the juiciest asset ever." (Cover Your Assets...)

Theo- "I had a scout poop!"
Me- "What does that mean?!"
Theo- "It left no trace."


No comments :

Post a Comment