08 May 2024

EIGHTEEN

 


My spring garden is looking so lush and I can’t wait to have summer mornings to putter around in it. 


2024 week eighteen 

My sister-in-law Kaleigh, and my kind of sister-in-law Sera and I drove to Canton, TX for the weekend to visit the largest flea market in the world. 

The really charming Airbnb cabin we rented was a tiny cabin. The kids would have loved the loft beds. 

We found the most comfortable rocking chairs and are all probably headed to McKinney in a couple weeks to get some for our yards. 


There were so many interesting things to see in Canton. If we were in the market for an indoor bird, this antique cage would have come home with me. 




Beautiful handles. A few of them came home with me for our chicken coop.

Normal sized porch sign. 


I got the kids fox tails as souvenirs. As expected, they were thrilled. Vera insists on wearing hers around town. She is a little weird and I love it. 




And, despite it being suggested to me that I shouldn't, we went to look at all the animals. And of course we found puppies we wanted. Of course we did. And Sera and I each brought one home. 


Our puppies aren't from the same litter but the same breeder and are a week apart. They grew up together so they're kind of cousins. Just like my kids and Sera's kids: kind of cousins.




Kaleigh held my puppy the whole ride home. 




A little less than halfway home we hit a pothole on the freeway and punctured the sidewall of the tire. A semi driver also hit the pothole and was able to help us change the tire for the donut so I could get us to the nearest tire shop. Not all heroes wear capes. This giant of a hero wore an ankle monitor. :)


While I was trying to help in any way I could with the tire (which was not much at all), Kaleigh was more than happy to hold the puppies. She kept saying “I’m just so happy you guys are getting puppies!!” 




Cousin nap outside of Whataburger while we waited for the tire to be fixed.



The kids named her Kip, or Kippers. Kip and Theo were immediate friends. 



All tuckered out from so much love.



No comments :

Post a Comment