23 January 2017

THREE

Theodore has his first ear infection. Getting to finally ride on one of these silly things made his day a bit better... until it was time to leave.

The warm days broken up with rain has turned my back porch into a mud pit. Vera has an old paintbrush outside and she lacquers everything in muddy water. Theodore pounds at the window screaming and sobbing until I let him outside into his glorious mud.

On one such muddy day, Vera ran inside to say to me, "Mama, do you want to hear a really funny joke?" I said, "Ok, what's your joke!" Vera happily chirped, "Theodore drank a cup of mud water!" The weather was warm and I had my windows open with music drifting out, I went out to investigate and Theo was dancing in his supreme joy of being covered with muddy water.

Sunday morning snuggles -all of my favorite creatures.

Matthew finally finished assembling his Lego truck and Vera was an enthusiastic listener and participant in all its various complicated functions. It's a rather impressive piece of engineering, especially when you consider that it's made from Legos.


Sunday walk with Grandma around some neighborhood trails. The wind was brisk and Theo was enamored with the water and every. single. wheeled. vehicle. 

He also stopped to pick some dandelions.



On our walk, Vera recited the poem she made up to her grandma: "The little blueberry pushing his cart. The snow fell plop into his basket. He rode his bike to school, then he rode it home again." She's very proud of this little poem.


 Quotes:

This week I was too busy laughing at all the silly and clever things Vera was saying to write any of them down.  :(











1 comment :

  1. I look homeless in the picture with the Lego truck. It should be noted that I was feeling ill that day. -Matthew

    ReplyDelete