27 July 2026

THIRTY

 

I made some cake samples for a friend’s upcoming wedding. We all really enjoyed making different flavor combinations. V now wants a make your own mini cake bar for her birthday. 


2026 week thirty 

My good friend Ashley brought her kids to play at our house and see all the animals. It’s always so charming to have them running around. It makes V nostalgic about being so little and full of imaginative energy. 

Grandpa took some cousins to a special night at the Rangers game where they were able to get anything they wanted to eat. Theo got sushi. Totally normal ballgame sushi…

A bunch of boy cousins came to our house to play halo. Matt loves reliving his memories of playing group games either friends. 

V has been working on her “embellished gourd” for the state fair. 


Lake day with the cousins. 

I went to Utah for a long weekend to spend with Lauren and Becky. Here we are in 2008 as fresh little college roommates. 

And now here we are in 2026 after 18 years of friendship. We didn’t “do” much of anything but it was exactly what we needed. All we want to do anyway is what we did in college -sit on the couch talking, laughing, crying while eating snacks. I’m so glad I got to spend this time with them. 

No comments :

Post a Comment